Azure Cosmos DB is globally distributed and highly responsive database in the cloud. With just few clicks you can get multi-regional distribution and redundancy with high availability of 99.999%.
In this episode I will cover basics of Cosmos DB with live demo of Portal Features and dotnet programming, but I also will explain most important features of Cosmos DB.
In today episode I will cover
- Azure Cosmos DB Overview
- Key Features of Cosmos DB
- What are RU’s and paritions
- Demo of Cosmos DB data management in the portal
- Demo small dotnet development with cosmos db
- Demo of SQL query language
Cosmos DB is great, it has it’s palce in modern architectures. It definitely isn’t database for every scenario but for the scenarios it works with it’s amazing.
Next steps for you after watching the video
- Check data factory docs
- Build CRUD operations with VueJS, dotnet and Cosmos DB
- Cosmos DB intro video series from Microsoft