With Azure Analysis Services you can scale your Power BI reports up to tens and hundreds of gigabytes of data. It is very fast in-memory database and analytical progressing engine with all the benefits of cloud scaling and security.
In this episode I give you introduction to what Azure Analysis Services is and how can it scale your reporting solutions.
In a short demo I will show you
- What is Analysis Services and how it works?
- What is Azure Analysis Services?
- What is common data model and how it solves your BI reporting development challenges?
- How to provision Analysis Services?
- Quick demo of building models with Visual Studio
- Quick demo of loading data to Power BI vs Analysis Services
- Deploying Analysis Services models
- Attaching Power BI reports to Analysis Services
- Implementing enterprise deployment with BISM normalizer
Next steps for you after watching the video
- Azure Analysis Services documentation
- Getting Started with Azure Analysis Services Hands on Labs
- More on common data model and its benefits